GENDER ASSOCIATIONS BACKGROUND
GAIC Gender Associations International Consulting GmbH (Gender Associations) is a new Berlin-based international consulting company. We aim to support institutions and individuals to professionalise peace and security initiatives in fragile, crisis, conflict and post-conflict situations by integrating a gender and diversity lens to ensure that the equal rights and needs of all women, men, girls and boys are considered and prioritized.
Gender Associations is comprised of a network of international gender practitioners, academics, development and humanitarian aid workers. We also partner with key decision-makers and local, national and international organisations working on gender, peace and security issues to link local and international expertise to comprehensively address gender, peace and security concerns.
Gender Associations is searching for an enthusiastic and trustworthy individual who can support Gender Associations with respect to office management (mostly virtually), assistance to the director and programme staff, administrative, editorial and logistical tasks.
The executive assistant will work under the guidance of the Gender Associations Director and in collaboration with the Gender Associations Lead Associates and project specialists to support some of the following activities based on the Intern’s interests and capacities:
• Support accounting/bookkeeping
• Manage Calendars
• Design and maintain a filing system
• Keep staffing and administrative records
• Arrange travel plans
• Plan, prepare and organize events and meetings
• Process expenses reports
• Take meeting minutes
• Copy editing of texts and publications in English and German
• Do background research and information gathering on organizational matters as needed.
• Degree, work experience and background in business administration and office support;
• Familiarity with MS office, Excel, social media and internet browsers, as well as relevant digital software is desirable;
• Previous work experience (including internships and volunteer work) preferably with start-ups or non-profit organisations;
• Excellent time management, careful and detail oriented work style;
• Proven research and writing skills;
• Fluency at native speaker’s level in English and German is essential and working proficiency in other languages is an asset;
• Sensitivity to gender and diversity issues and understanding of and interest in human development, international legal frameworks and security policies;
• We encourage applications from individuals with diverse capacities and abilities, ethnic, religious, and social backgrounds and aim to contribute to an inclusive and respectful work environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer a part time position at comparative salary level with flexible working hours in a motivated and supportive work environment. We are welcoming home office solutions and virtual meeting settings for care givers and others, especially in the light of the current health crisis but also in general.
If interested, please share your updated CV, a brief motivation letter outlining your background and ideas about (virtual) office management. Please share all supporting materials before 10 April 2020 via email to email@example.com with the subject line “executive assistant application”.
For questions and clarifications, please do not hesitate to contact us by email prior to the application deadline.