GENDER ASSOCIATIONS BACKGROUND
GAIC Gender Associations International Consulting GmbH ( Gender Associations ) is a Berlin-based, globally networked company that supports institutions and individuals to develop their capacities and competencies to promote and ensure gender equality, as well as the human rights of diverse and vulnerable populations in fragile, crisis, conflict- and post-conflict situations. We provide practice-oriented research, policy analysis, capacity-building and training, technical assistance, including monitoring and evaluation of policies and programs, through an international network of thematic and regional experts. One of our key areas of work is on Women, Peace, and Security (WPS), including assessing the impact and effectiveness of WPS programming and policy implementation.
Our diverse expertise is built on decades of combined experience working with international actors, such as the United Nations system, regional and multinational organizations, national governments, civil society organizations and academia, as well as in different geographic regions around the world. At the core of our international network of over 200 consultants are our Lead Associates who provide both project-specific, technical advice, as well as overall guidance on the work of Gender Associations. Our team members are well known in their fields for their practical and policy work on gender-related issues, including women‘s political participation, and WPS. The team has also worked in over a dozen African countries, and has extensive experience conducting policy-relevant, action-oriented reviews and evaluations for donor governments, civil society networks and international organisations, including in fragile and conflict-affected societies.
Gender Associations is searching for an enthusiastic and trustworthy individual who can support Gender Associations with respect to office management (mostly virtually), assistance to the director and programme staff, administrative, editorial and logistical tasks.
The executive assistant will work under the guidance of the Gender Associations Director and Deputy Director, as well as in collaboration with the Gender Associations Lead Associates and project specialists to support some of the following:Support accounting/bookkeeping
• Manage calendars, meetings, and virtual calls
• Prepare and process administrative documents
• Maintain the document filing system
• Keep staffing and administrative records
• Plan, prepare and organize events and meetings
• Prepare and organize contracts
• Process expenses reports and invoices
• Take meeting minutes
• Copy editing of texts and publications in English and German
• Do background research and information gathering on organizational matters as needed.
• Academic degree, work experience and background in business administration, tax related issues and administrative support;
• Familiarity with MS Office, Excel, digital project management tools, Google docs, sheets and drive, as well as relevant digital software and internet browsers is desirable;
• Previous work experience (including internships and volunteer work) preferably with start-ups or non-profit organisations;
• Excellent time management, careful and detail-oriented work style;
• Proven research and writing skills;
• Fluency at native speaker’s level in English and German is essential and working proficiency in other languages is an asset;
• Sensitivity to gender and diversity issues and understanding of and interest in human development, international legal frameworks and security policies;
• We encourage applications from individuals with diverse capacities and abilities, ethnic, religious, and social backgrounds and aim to contribute to an inclusive and respectful work environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer a part-time position at comparative salary level with flexible working hours in a motivated and supportive work environment. We are welcoming home-office solutions and virtual meeting settings especially for care givers and others.
If interested, please share your updated CV, a brief motivation letter outlining your background related to the tasks described above. Please share all supporting materials before May 10th, 2021 via email ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) with the subject line “Executive Assistant Application”.
For questions and clarifications, please do not hesitate to contact us by email prior to the application deadline.
Download this article in PDF format