In the light of the 40th anniversary of the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW), the 20th anniversary of UNSCR 1325 and the 25th anniversary of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action, there is a special momentum to work on gender, peace and security. In order to achieve these legal and political gender commitments, we need to encourage collaboration and connect the existing expertise from different fields to ensure a comprehensive and effective implementation.
Gender Associations works in different countries around the globe to include a gender dimension into law and justice, the security sector and peace support operations, climate security, migration and livelihoods, violence prevention and response, peace processes and peacebuilding and post conflict reconstruction and reconciliation. We work with civil society organisations, the security sector and peacekeeping personnel, governments, development agencies, foundations and international organisations to advance gender equality, human security and sustainable peace.
- • have worked on gender, peace and security issues for more than five years
- • are highly professional and efficient
- • understand the sensitivity and complexity of violence and armed conflict
- • are comfortable working with modern communications tools
- • believe in diversity and human rights
Please join our Expert Roster!